Domumentation of the Greenlandic analyser
Documentation and information for developers
Here you find the technical documentation of the Greenlandic parser. The parser is built in close cooperation with the Sámi language technology project, with a file structure and setup close to the Sámi ones. General documentation can be found at the Sámi project documentation.
The compilation command for Greenlandic differs from the one for the other languages. There are two transducers, one strict (normative), and one sloppy (descriptive). In order to get the latter, write:
- make TARGET=sloppy
or strict for the normative version.
General information for web users
In order to analyse Greenlandic text, you may paste in text in the window here. The machine returns text with all possible analyses. The tags are listed below. The parser gives tags for parts of speech, morphosyntactic categories, clitecs, and derivational tags. The derivational affixes have tags carrying the same names as the affixes themselves.
It is also possible to generate wordforms, by pasting the lemma and gramamtical tags here
At present, the parser gives all possible tags, not only the ones appropriate in the given context. We plan making a disambiguator to pick the correct analyses for any given context, but we are not there yet.
The parser uses the following tags:
- Parts of speech: +N +V +Part +Pron +Adj +Adv +Prop +Interj +Num
- Morphosyntactic categories
- Number:+Sg +Du +Pl
- Case:+Abs +Rel +Trm +Abl +Lok +Aeq +Ins +Via
- Mode:+Ind +Int +Imp +Opt +Cau +Con +Par +Inf +InfNeg +Ite
- Person-number:+1Sg +2Sg +3Sg +4Sg +1Pl +2Pl +3Pl +4Pl +1Du
- Subcategories:+Attr +Abbr +ACR +Vok
- Textual tags:+CLB +ABBR +PUNCT +LEFT +RIGHT
- Derivational tags: See the source code for a list.
Last changed: $Id: intro.xml,v 1.8 2005/06/21 12:13:53 boerre Exp $
by Per Langgård, Trond Trosterud