Documentation on North Saami
Morphophonology and morphology
- For North Saami, we use a perl script, preprocess, cf. the documentation. Documentation of the old xfst-based preprocessor tok.txt is found here (the documentation contains a general discussion of preprocessing as well). We may return to using tokenize when the code is stable, or integrate preprocessing in fst.
- Documentation of inituppercase.regex, the file for initial capitalisation and of allcaps.xfst, the file for words written in all-caps.
- Lookup gives Xerox-style output, we need vislcg-type input, the transition is done with the script lookup2cg
The programs are compiled (i.e. made), by writing make GTLANG=sme when standing in the $GTLANG/gt catalogue (or, if you like to know how long time it takes, write the command as time make GTLANG=sme). The make command invokes the language-independent Makefile. Cf. also the (now partly obsolete) Makefile documentation.
Testing and bug reports
- Bugzilla, our bug report system
- A test plan for sme (obsolete)
- A test diary for sme (obsolete)
- Bug report sheet (Obsolete reports from the days before we got a bug report system)
- For earlier treatment of foreign words, see documentation