Proofing Tools Technical Documentation
Proofing-related projects spring 2013
- Test data: we are marking up gold-standard documents with a relatively simple, plain-text error markup. There are separate documents for each of the languages we have gold-standard documents for:
- The test data is converted to xml and is stored in $GTFREE/stable/goldstandard/converted/ when proofread and checked, before that in $GTFREE/prestable/goldstandard/converted/
- You run a speller test using the following command:
- new infra: cd $GTBIG/prooftesting && ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make - to run all tests for all languages, cd into one of the language subdirs and ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make to run the tests for just one language. After ./configure, you can even cd into one of the speller tool dirs, and run make there, to run the tests for one speller only.
- old infra: cd $GTHOME/gt && make GTLANG=sma TESTTOOL=pl correct-test
- We also have a plan for creating Unit Tests for the PLX conversion used to build our MS Office tools
The most important test results are linked here. See the menu to the left for all available test results.
- SME - Graphical overview
- SMJ - Graphical overview
- SMA - Graphical overview
- KAL - Graphical overview
- Foma+trie: Gold standard
- ISL - Graphical overview
- Hunspell: Gold standard
- All languages compared
This page has a list of free and commercial spellers for other Nordic languages.
Husnpell conversion meetings 2013: 12.2 ,
Meetings 2012: 2.3 , 2.4 , 19.4 , 15.5 , 23.8 , 27.9 , 30.10, 31.10, 01.11, 02.11, 05.11, 06.11, 07.11, 08.11, 09.11, 15.11, 19.11, 20.11, 21.11, 22.11, 26.11, 27.11, 29.11, 30.11, 3.12, 4.12, 6.12, 10.12, 11.12, 12.12, 13.12, 14.12, 17.12, 18.12, 19.12, 20.12, 21.12,
by Sjur N. Moshagen