Meeting with Polderland 12.12.2006
- Peter Beinema
- Sjur Moshagen
- since last time
- questions and answers
Since last time
- Spelling alphas sent (North S + Lule S., tested)
- Hyphenation alpha sent (North S.)
- work in progress on new version of mklex
- PLX-version of north Sami Nouns processed.
- collecting texts for installshield installer to be translated into
- installed and tested the alpha version
- all open POSes now converted to PLX
It was received and installed. Installation went without problems.
There are still some problems with ž (U+017E, latin small letter z with caron).
- breaks the word: Maŋimužžan - red line until ž
- does not recognise word: iežaset -> iežaset, that is, a correct word is
- works ok with spelling error: erenoamažit -> erenoamážit (correctly
- works ok, correctly spelled word: ožžon
Compounding: three-letter words can be problematic in error detection, as
correct in Dutch: Moskou with capital M (Moscow)
word1xxxword3 = wronglyspelledlongword
where xxx is a three-letter word. The problem is most likely not that big,
VCV CVCV VCVC
Thus, only words with the structure VCV will be problematic. There are about
Hypotetical example from Norwegian:
addosjon > addisjon (err > corr)
(the spelling error is analysed as a spurious compound ad-do-sjon; the word "ad"
If -do- could be specified as impossible, the spelling error would be detected.
Next Tuesday (19.12.) at the usual time.
- re-send speller and hyphenator versions with ž added
- continue to improve hyphenation (Sjur and Thomas)
- make complete PLX data set (Tomi)
- get language codes to work with Mac Office 2004 (and check MacOffice 2007)
- deliver Alpha versions (Polderland)
- deliver mklex + hyphen script
- try to find proper compiler version for Adobe Indesign (old version will
- prepare (localisation of) installation packages for the Beta version
- try to get an answer to the language codes in MS Office for Mac question from