Enable the Sámi keyboards in macOS 10.9-10.12
To be able to write easily in Sámi, you need to use a Sámi keyboard. On this page we describe how to enable it.
If you need a keyboard layout other than North sámi, then you first need to install the desired keyboard.
1. Open Systemvalg…
2. Click Keyboard or type a relevant search term in the search field:
3. Click on the Input Method tab and click on the plus sign in the lower left corner:
4. Select the Sámi keyboard you want, and click Add:
5. Select the Sámi keyboard in the keyboard menu to the right in the menu list when writing Sámi:
6. To switch quickly between keyboard layouts you can use the keyboard shortcut Cmd-space (⌘-␣ ).